Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Sephora by OPI Glee Collection: Mash Up

Monday, February 28, 2011

Sephora by OPI Glee Collection: Mash Up

I have a complicated history with Sephora by OPI polishes. Mainly, in the past I haven't found them to be that... good? When this color caught my eye, though, I just had to have it.

It's kind of funny, because when I first saw the Glee Collection's promo images I was completely underwhelmed by this color in particular. It looked like a plain, flat silver. It is not. Sephora's website describes it as 'opaque opalescent grey'. I couldn't think of a better word to describe it than 'opalescent'.

It's grey with subtle flashes of both green and lavender. This effect is difficult to photograph, but I think you can see a bit of it in the picture. The opalescent effect is more obvious in the bottle, but you can still definitely see it when it's on. This shade is opaque in two coats (I use thin coats, for reference), applies evenly, looks lovely and stays on, chip free, for about a week (with base and top coat).

The Good:
  • A pretty, unique color. I don't own anything else quite like this!
  • Good formula: not goopy, opaque in two coats, easy to apply evenly and dry in a reasonable amount of time.
The Bad:
This is a great polish. I had no issues with it!

The Neutral:
Nothing I can think of!

Overall, if you're a nail polish kind of girl I definitely think this is a must-have sort of shade. It has a really cool effect and a great formula. I highly recommend it!

This is currently available for $9.50 at Sephora.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...