Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: M.A.C. Viva Glam Gaga II

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

M.A.C. Viva Glam Gaga II

One of my favorite lipsticks that came out last year was MAC's Viva Glam Gaga, so naturally I had to run out and get Viva Glam Gaga 2. The Viva Glam Gaga 2 release included one lipstick and one lipglass that are extremely complimentary of one another.

Left to Right: Viva Glam Gaga 2 Lipglass, Viva Glam Gaga 2 Lipstick
The lipstick in this collection comes in the standard, sturdy MAC. bullet packaging, with the MAC logo in red instead of silver, as is typical for all of the Viva Glam shades. This lipstick has an Amplified finish. The lipglass comes in the typical tube, except with Lady Gaga's signature stamped across it in metallic red. As always, the lipglass has a doefoot applicator. This lipglass has a Cream finish.
Viva Glam Gaga 2 Lipstick
As with all of M.A.C.'s Amplified finish lipsticks, this had a very creamy texture. It was actually so creamy that it complicated application a bit. I found the lipstick itself to be moisturizing, but because of the lipstick's tendency to hug the skin of the lips, it sunk into my lip lines and emphasized any flakiness, making my lips look rather dry even though they weren't. I definitely recommend exfoliating first with this shade. The lipstick wore for about four hours on me before it started fading.

Viva Glam Gaga 2 Lipglass
All cream lipglasses seem to sink into my liplines, and this was no exception, but the texture of the gloss was nice and thick, so using it heavily tended to help that a lot. In my opinion all cream glosses look better over a lipstick or lipliner. I wouldn't wear this shade on it's own, because if you do, any uneven-ness becomes incredibly obvious. The gloss worse very well on me: five hours! It wore even better over the lipstick or a lipliner.

Viva Glam Gaga 2 Lipstick and Lipglass
On to the colors:
Left to Right: Viva Glam Gaga 2 Lipstick, Viva Glam Gaga 2 Lipglass, the lipstick layered over the gloss
The lipstick is a peachy beige that tends to look a bit pinker on my skin. I think it'd look great on most skin tones.
The lipglass is a more neutral nude. It doesn't pull pink or peach: it's right in between. There's a silver microshimmer, but you really can't see it. I only noticed it when I was removing the gloss.

 The Good:
  • Both the lipstick and gloss are pretty nudes that would compliment most skintones.
  • I like that neither of these actually dried my lips out, though the lipstick may look like it did.
  • Pigmentation of both shades was excellent.
  • Both shades wore for a good, long time on me.
  • These are Viva Glam, so the entire purchase price will be donated to the MAC AIDS Fund!
The Bad:
  • Both of these shades can be unforgiving and a bit difficult to work with. The lipstick makes lips look dry and the lipglass can sink into the lines of your lips.
The Neutral:
  • The MAC Lipglass formula is a sticky one. I like it, but not everyone does.
Overall, a lot of people wear nude shades when they just want to slap something on and run out the door, and I don't think these would be good for that. To wear the lipstick, you'd definitely have to prep your lips the same way you would for a red, or some other bright color. The lipglass looks best over something else.

These are currently available at MAC stores, counters and online for $14.50.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...