Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Kingdom Hearts Inspired Look: Larxene I (The MAC Version)

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Kingdom Hearts Inspired Look: Larxene I (The MAC Version)


Last year I played Kingdom Hearts for the first time. Somewhere near the beginning, though (the Tarzan level) I switched games and completely forgot about it. I got back to it this September, though, full force. Once I finished, I realized I'd loved it so much I had to get the sequels. I played the next two games in rather quick succession in November. One of my favorite characters in Chain of Memories was Larxene, even though fighting her was a pain in the you-know-where. I did a look a week or two inspired by her using some Inglot makeup. It came out great, but I figured since not everyone can get Inglot I'd use MAC. It's a little duller, but the spirit is still captured. So here's for my Larxene inspired look!




Brushes:
  • Slim concealer brush (MAC 194).
  • Large, square shader (MAC 252).
  • Pencil brush (MAC 219).
  • Full, dense blush brush with a rounded head (MAC 129).
  • Lip brush (MAC 316). You can also use a clean concealer brush, if you want.
Cosmetics:
  • MAC's Utterly Game Mineralize Blush (orange-peach blush). If you don't have it try 'Peaches'.
  • Kat Von D Lightning Sheer Lip Gloss in Stripper (pale yellow-gold with glitter).
  • MAC's Viva Glam Gaga 2 Lipstick (peachy nude).
  • MAC Eyeshadow in Humid (intense green with a sheen).
  • MAC Eyeshadow in Gorgeous Gold (muted golden yellow).
  • MAC Pigment in Old Gold (frosty gold with a dark tinge).
  • MAC Pigment in Dark Soul (deep black with gold shimmer).
  • Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Mildew (mossy green).
  • Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash Mascara (black, lengthening, volumizing).
  • A concealer lighter than the one you'd normally use (to highlight).
Eyes:
Prime your eyes. Use the too-light concealer (I'm an NC50 and I used MAC's Studio Fix concealer in NW40) on the concealer brush to highlight your browbone. Using the 252 brush, lightly dust Gorgeous Gold into the inner-third. Top with Old gold pigment (same brush). Flip the brush over and pick up Humid, and pull outward to the edge of the lid. Take your pencil brush and dip into the Dark Soul. Draw a line in your crease, following the border of where the lid colors end. Trace the border of your shadow down into your lower lashline. Line the outer half of your lower lashline with Dark Soul pigment using your pencil brush. Line your upper lashline and lower waterline with Mildew pencil. Mascara!

 Lips:
Apply Viva Glam Gaga 2 Lipstick with a light hand. Using your lip brush, top with Hustler Lip Gloss (The lip brush isn't necessary per se, but I truly hate staining a doe-foot with lipstick).

Face:
Put your foundation on and then put Utterly Game on your cheeks sweeping up toward your temples with the 129.

I kind of wish I had one of those badass Organization XIII robes, don't you?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...