I bought this set over a year ago when I still didn't have a very large makeup brush collection to work with. The set was beautiful and it had a lot of basic brushes that I would need. So here's the rundown on what's included:
|Left to Right: Angled Shadow Brush, Blending Brush, Smudge Brush, Brow Brush, Flat Eyeliner Brush|
These brushes are all super durable. They have a nice sturdiness to them and the ferrules feel very firmly attached to the handles. I never experienced any shedding with any of these brushes, which is absolutely astounding, but true. It's like all the hairs are individually hanging in there, or something!
Another important thing about this set is that it's a great value. If you divide the total price of the set by the number of brushes you get, it comes out to only $9.60 each, which is definitely not bad at all. Even if you only really want three of the brushes, they only come out to $16 each. Combine that with the fact that each brush feels super sturdy, and it's a great buy.
- You get a great value for your money.
- The brushes are sturdy.
- The brushes that need to be soft are soft and the brushes that need to be stiff/dense are stiff/dense.
- The brushes don't shed (at least not for me!)
- You get most of your 'basic eye brush' bases covered.
- Very pretty stenciled rose design.
- Those with small lids may not care for the angled shadow brush
- You can only buy the set, so even if you only want one brush, you'll have to re-buy the whole set. This is a downfall of most brush sets, but I felt it was one worth noting.
- If you buy a lot of brush sets, the brow brush will probably just be another addition to your collection.
The Kat Eye Brush Set can currently be purchased here for $48.