Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Hello Kitty Liquid Nail Art: Banana Cream

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hello Kitty Liquid Nail Art: Banana Cream

Banana Cream


My thoughts as I was using Hello Kitty Liquid Nail Art in Minty went something like, "Wow, I don't think a nail polish can get much worse than this." My thoughts as I was using Banana Cream? "Wow, I think one just did."


Both of these polishes were incredibly goopy and hard to make even. They both had the pigmentation to be opaque in one coat, but didn't make it because of their tendency to apply poorly. This one was just worse.

With Minty I was eventually able to smooth out the ugly goops of polish. With this, however, I was not. What's more, where Minty took three coats to make opaque, this took four. And by the end of it, it still didn't look quite right. I simply couldn't smooth the surface of the coat.



The Good:
  • The bottle's really cute.
  • Very pretty, fairly unique, true-to-bottle pastel yellow.
  • Fast-drying.

The Bad:
  • Even application was almost impossible for me. I found this polish to be so, so streaky.
  • The texture was definitely on the goopy side. The polish literally started to dry so quickly that it felt like a tacky mess.
  • It took too many coats to get it to look the way I wanted. If it weren't for the odd consistency, this could've been a one-coater.
  • Somewhat expensive.

The Neutral:
Nothing I can think of!

Overall, I wasn't at impressed by the formula of this polish, by which I mean this specific color. I bought and tested four different Hello Kitty polishes and my opinions of them are pretty much all over the map from color to color; a couple of them were really good! I'll be posting the reviews for each color separately. If you really like this, I suggest trying it out in store first: maybe you can handle these better than I can.

Don't worry, though, in the next two posts will be covering the good ones!

This is currently available at Sephora for $10.00.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...