Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion

By now, I'm sure many of you know about my love for the CeraVe body lotion. This February I decided to try out one of their facial formulas as well! I started using CeraVe's facial moisturizing lotion (PM) months ago, and I'm completely in love.

First thing's first: CeraVe Body is 100% safe for use on the face, and CeraVe's website mentions it: the AM and PM face products are mostly a matter of preference. May I also take the time to give CeraVe's website a giant high five? Clicking on any image on the products page will bring you straight to some basic information, as well as a full ingredients list. Many sites don't provide that, and the fact that CeraVe does is so amazing. They also explain the roles of important ingredients, and I really do appreciate that this was formulated by a company that really knows what it's talking about medically (Coria makes some of my prescription products as well).

Here's a quickie ingredients comparison for you guys:

The ingredients of CeraVe Body Lotion: Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic, Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

The ingredients of CeraVe PM: Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic, Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

The differences are few, but here they are (I bolded them): Phytosphingosine is higher up on CeraVe PM's list. Niacinimide isn't in CeraVe Body. CeraVe Body contains Polysorbate 20 and Cetyl Alcohol. For anyone with concerns about silicones or parabens, I'd like to bring attention to the fact that these contain dimethicone, propylparaben and methylparaben.

The difference in use? Well, both of these are nice thin lotions that pack a huge punch in terms of moisturizing. This was actually recommended to me by my doctor for my severe eczema. For those of you unfamiliar with the unique problems of my skin, the basic summary is that I have an oily/acne prone face back and chest, but a dry everything-else. This is great for dry me and oily me; both are! CeraVe PM, however, feels a touch lighter and thinner.

The pump also doles out the appropriate amount of product for just the face. Just one pump, and I'm covered. The body lotion pump, naturally, needs to be felt out a bit more if you're looking to do just your face. I prefer the feel of CeraVe PM on my face, generally, though if I'm in a pinch I'll go for the body lotion, no sweat.

These absorb immediately and are never greasy. LOVE!

The Good:
  • Light moisturizer.
  • Gives a lot of moisture.
  • Relieves itching. (YESSS!)
  • Appropriate for both dry and oily skin (though there's also a cream for dry skin if you want something a bit heavier).
The Bad:
Nothing. LOVELOVELOVE.

The Neutral:
  • No fragrance, color, etc.
Overall, in my opinion, CeraVe makes great, functional, affordable, no-frills, all-business, get-the-job-done products, and now that I've had so much success with both the body and facial moisturizers, I will be considering the CeraVe AM product, as well as the cleanser once I run out of my current product.

This is available at various drugstores for around $13.00.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...