Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion



A year and a half ago I had the worst eczema flare up of my life. I won't go too far into detail, but it was bad enough that I broke the skin itching. Not fun at all. When I went to see the dermatologist, she recommended many things, and among them was using CeraVe moisturizing lotion daily. The idea of putting anything on the patches of raw, itchy skin didn't feel appealing, but being that my doctor recommended it and I'd do anything to fix my skin, I went ahead with it.


CeraVe is an over-the-counter lotion formulated by Coria Laboratories (the makers of many prescription products, as well). All of CeraVe's products are oil-free, non-comedogenic and designed to be non-irritating for sensitive and problem skin.


Click to Read

The thing I love most about CeraVe's  is the fact that it's both light and extremely moisturizing. It sinks into my skin quickly and a few pumps is enough to cover my entire body! Moreover, I don't have to reapply it throughout the day, even in winter time. All of CeraVe's products are good for use on the face, though they do have separate face moisturizers available, including an AM face lotion with SPF 30. Even though CeraVe is formulated for dry skin, the moisturizer still does well on the oily skin of my face. It never breaks me out and doesn't feel heavy, though if I use it on my face without my oil controlling primer my face is shiny by midday.

The Good:
  • Extremely affordable.
  • Great for dry, sensitive skin.
  • Light enough to use on oily skin.
  • Sinks in quickly.
  • Fragrance free.
  • I find this to be soothing and anti-inflammatory.
The Bad:
Nothing I can think of!

The Neutral:
  • While I don't find this to make me oilier, it doesn't control oil either.
Overall, for anyone looking for a light, but very moisturizing lotion that's good for sensitive skin, CeraVe is a great all-business, no-frills option that does it's job extremely well.

CeraVe Moisturizing lotion is available at many drugstores, and is currently $12.99 at drugstore.com.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...